10 May How to prevent pests
How to prevent pests.
- How to prevent pests:
- Try pest prevention first;
- Remove sources of food, water and shelter;
- Store food in sealed plastic or glass containers;
- Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash cans. Remove garbage regularly from your home;
- Fix leaky plumbing and don‘t let water pile up anywhere in the home;
- Don‘t let water collect in trays under your house plants or refrigerator. Don‘t leave pet food and water out overnight;
- Messy piles of things provides places for pests to breed and hide and makes it hard to get rid of them;
- Get rid of things like stacks of newspapers, magazines, or cardboard;
- Close off places where pests can enter and hide. For example, (thick-flowing waterproof sealant) and cracks around cabinets or (long strips of wood on a wall, near the floor);
- Use steelwool to fill spaces around pipes;
- Cover any holes with wire mesh;
- Learn about the pests you have and options to control them;
- Check for pests in packages or boxes before carrying them into your home.